My post on Saint Laurent and Marilyn Manson was chosen this week’s IFB link roundup – but I’d like to address something before we get into it.
Jennine mentions in the LALM intro “the downward spiral of the house of Saint Laurent.” My post was not about that – I enjoy the direction that Hedi Slimane has taken despite the criticism he’s received. I thought Marilyn Manson and Courtney love were great for the latest campaign, and as I said, were a representation of what my interpretation of the brand is. Just like the campaign with Beck and Julia Nobis, it had a rock and roll outlaw vibe that I loved. By “going rogue” I meant that Slimane was breaking off from the fashion norm. To then question what we can do “to keep the world beautiful” was a bit off-putting. This isn’t the frilly pink fifties, rock and roll does not have to signal a downward spiral. The new and unexpected do not have to equate to ugly.
I know opinions on the new YSL widely differ, but the post was about the new direction and what it meant to me, and I certainly don’t think it’s a downward spiral.
But anyway – let’s get to appreciating my fellow bloggers’ wonderful posts this week:
Whether it be styling the right outfit, looking good in glasses, or finding treasures in your closet, ultimately as fashion bloggers we share our fashion story. Through words or through photography, this roundup takes a closer look at making life more beautiful, fashion icons like Lilly Pulitzer who passed away over the weekend, Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli.. and the downward spiral of the house of Saint Laurent. What are we going to do to keep the world beautiful? Sustainable fashion and shopping our closets? And how will we document it.. there are fantastic photo tutorials in the mix to.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup, April 11th
- Aesthete News: Saint Laurent Goes Rogue with Marilyn Manson and More
- Clever Little Buttons: Fashion Icon Lilly Pulitzer – I will Miss Her
- Coco and Picasso: “Fashion is a B*tch”
- Corrine Monique: The Year of the Serpent
- DIY Doyenne: Iconic Figures in Fashion: Chanel and Schiaparelli
- Ethical Fashion Blog: Is there a sustainable fashion revolution taking place?
- Fashion is Evolution: Adventures in Free-lensing
- Floral & Flannel: Four Eyed and Fabulous
- Inspirations and Celebrations: Designer Spotlight – Lilly Pulitzer
- Magnolia Reverie: Some tips for self-portraits
- Margo and Me: California Coachella Cool
- Miss S.J.: J Brand Denim Dedication at The Dressing Room
- Oh to be a Muse: What’s Your Shoe Game Like?
- Rose and Pine: Spring Florals for Under $85!
- Real Girl Glam: 4 Ways to Wear Boyfriend Jeans
- Tailor Spy: Welcome to Buttons State!
- Twelve52: Does Beauty Blogging Make Us More Self-Conscious?
- The Fashionable Wife: Shopping Your Closet
- The Photogramps: 10 Tips for Great Blog Photos
- Wishing for Chanel: Dynamic Denim Mary Katrantzou/Current/Elliot collab