Depending on how long I remember to keep up with it, I introduce to you your Sunday Morning Review, a weekly look at all the important, random, and interesting things that have happened in fashion, beauty, and music in Boston and beyond, in case you missed them.
– Intermix has temporary new shop at 160 Newbury St. during renovations at its usual digs. Sale items will be 50% off at the temporary spot until Tuesday, January 22. (Bostonista)
– Nordstrom Rack will open at 497 Boylston St. (The Newbry) in place of Filene’s Basement on March 14. (Nordstrom Rack)
– New must-see blog shows off local street style, despite the fact that GQ so graciously once deemed us the worst-dressed city. (Boston Street Style)
– Cynthia Rowley is having a sample sale, it ends today so HURRY. (Cynthia Rowley Boston Twitter).
– Target enlists celebrity stylist Kate Young for new capsule collection, out April 14. (NY Mag)
– Christina Ricci designed a limited edition makeup bag for Make Up For Ever, shown above. “My inspiration for the bag was hard rock meets couture.” (WWD)
– No Paris Fashion Week runway show for Alexander McQueen, as Sarah Burton takes maternity leave. (Blouin)
– Michelle Obama got bangs, Internet went crazy. (HuffPo)
– Snoop Dogg/Lion got a French mani. (Instagram)
– PPR purchased a 51% stake in Christopher Kane. (WSJ)
– Justin Timberlake released his first new song in five years, thoroughly disappoints me. “Suit & Tie” featuring Jay-Z. (JustinTimberlake.com)
– The Yeah Yeah Yeahs will release their fourth studio album, Mosquito, on April 16!!!!!!!!! (Rolling Stone)