Sunday Morning Review
Slow news week for Boston (also for Aesthete, I’ve been silent because I went to New York City for four days, had tons of fun and will show a few pictures soon!) Here’s an article I found interesting because I live only a few blocks away from the Museum of Fine Arts, the same museum that held the Mario Testino: In Your Face exhibit, and want a seat on this council ASAP.
- “Most Coveted Accessory? A Seat on the MFA Fashion Council” (Racked)
- The Boston Fashionista, Kristen Uekermann, is at Copenhagen Fashion Week. Follow along on her (blog)
- A mom from Connecticut found a way to recycle guns into pretty jewelry, with 20% of profits going towards the gun buyback program. I can dig it. (NY Times: On the Runway)
- Vogue Thailand debuts, features the publication’s first male editor-in-chief. (HuffPo)
- Cee-Lo Green has a new song and it makes me happy. (Rolling Stone)
- Polyvore Designer Collective debuted this week, helping emerging designers reach a wider audience. I’ve got my eye on Alejandro Ingelmo. (Polyvore)
- She & Him will release their third album of quirky cute fun songs called Volume 3 on May 7 and will start a North American tour on June 13! (Facebook)
- Public relations company KCD is now offering its formerly pro-only digital runway shows to consumers. Who needs to sit next to Anna Wintour when you can be front row in your pajamas on the couch? (BoF)
- Lancôme is teaming up with Jason Wu to create a limited-edition color cosmetics offering that will be on counter in September. (WWD).
- Radiohead’s Thom Yorke provided the tunes for Rag & Bone’s Fall/Winter 2013 fashion show, see a nine-minute clip at (Pitchfork)
ONE LAST THING – Barney’s is launching barneyswarehouse.com tomorrow, a permanent off-price site. I just spent my life savings in NYC, my wallet is not ready for this!!! (WWD)